Sunday, February 10, 2013

Crocheted 100% Cotton Dishcloths...


With each passing year, I become more connected to the earth and am inspired to create with my hands. I love to bake and cook, filling my home with the sweet and savory smells of homemade foods that come from my heart. I also have a strong bond to home that seems to grow with time. Although it is easy to buy what I want and need, there is something very special and personally rewarding when I make it myself.

Lately, dishcloths have been the object of my time and attention. It has become my work week project. A few rows here and there gives me creative expression and fulfillment throughout the week and in just a few days, I have lovely dishcloths made from tidbits of time.

I used Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn to create these natural, soft and absorbent dishcloths. The pattern is made using the Trinity Stitch. It requires very little in terms of crochet knowledge and experience. If you know how to “Chain” and “Single Crochet”, this is the project for you.

Materials

1 Skein 100% Cotton Sugar ‘n Cream Yarn
“H” Crochet Hook
1 Yarn Needle

Finished Dimensions

9 ½” x 9 ½”

Abbreviations

Ch = Chain
SC = Single Crochet
YO = Yarn Over

Pattern

Trinity Stitch:  (Worked over 3 stitches) Draw up a loop in same stitch previously worked in. (Draw up a loop in next stitch) 2 times. YO and draw through all 4 loops on hook.


Chain 38.

Row 1: Skip 1st Ch, SC in 2nd Ch from hook. In same stitch, begin Trinity Stitch (see above). *Ch 1, Trinity Stitch*, repeating from * to * throughout row.
SC in same stitch (last Ch). Ch 1, turn.

Row 2: SC in first SC (last SC in previous row). In same stitch, begin Trinity Stitch. *Ch 1, Trinity Stitch*, repeating from * to * throughout row. SC in same stitch (last SC). Ch 1, turn.

Repeat Row 2 for a total of 31 rows.

Finish off and weave in ends with yarn needle.

You may adjust the size by decreasing or increasing the beginning chain by removing or adding in multiples of 2 chains.

1 comment: