Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Butter Cookies...

Without a doubt, my favorite holiday treat is a butter cookie. By definition, butter cookies are simple and show off the most basic of baking ingredients to their best advantage. Since I have never met a stick of butter I did not like, it stands to reason that these cookies are the star in my kitchen during the holidays. Classic on their own, they can also be paired with lemon curd, jam, whipping cream and fresh fruit or elegantly presented with a beautiful dusting of confectioner's sugar. There are a variety of recipes to chose from, each hosting similar ingredients, but I would suggest using a recipe that calls for butter, flour, confectioner's sugar, salt and vanilla such as The Neely's Butter Cookie recipe.


Enjoy and Happy Holidays my friends!

1 comment: